Remedial Massage uses a combination of soft tissue techniques for injury prevention and rehabilitation, and the management and treatment of medical conditions.
Techniques used in Remedial Massage include deep tissue sports massage, utilising trigger points and stretching techniques. These techniques are used to loosen tight or thick tissue, take tone out of tight muscles and improve lymphatic circulation and post exercise soreness.
Our techniques compliment other health professionals including Chiropractors and Physiotherapists, whereby we work on the supporting tissue and the areas around the joints they target through their treatments.
Some of the different reasons people benefit from Remedial Massage include:
- recovery from sports injuries, or preparation for sporting events or activities
- treating high intensity repetitive strain – like through exercise
- treating low intensity repetitive strain – like through inefficient posture
- alleviating every day muscle strains and joint stiffness
- relieving the effects of emotional stress on the body
- the release of endorphins in the body to help you feel better!
Our qualified remedial massage therapists know how to use these techniques effectively, and when to implement them.